FAQ for Desktop Client
When downloading a library, the client hangs at "connecting server"
First, you can check the ccnet.log in client (~/.ccnet/logs/ccnet.log for Linux, C:/users/your_name/ccnet/logs/ccnet.log for Windows) to see what's wrong.
Second, CloudSync server uses port 10001 and 12001, check your firewall settings.
The bubble notification is distracting, how can I disable it?
- Click the CloudSync tray icon, choose "open admin page" to open the local web interface
- On the local web interface, click the "Settings" tab
- uncheck the option "Notify when libraries are synchronized"
seafile-data\blocks directory on the client grows quickly, how can I shrink the folder?
- This is the "cache" directory on the client side. CloudSync client runs auto garbage collection each time you restart it.
Folders/Libraries not in sync, what's the problem?
Most of the syncing problems caused by file names:
- Files with ":" "?" "$" in name are not synced as they are not supported in Windows.
- Files/folders whose names end with "." or white spaces are not synced as they are not allowed on Windows.
- If you have two files in a folder only different in upper/lower case like 'Readme.md' and 'readme.md', it will prevent sync in Windows/OSX. After 1.6.1, this is fixed. Now 'readme.md' will be automatically renamed to 'readme (case conflict 1).md'.
Send us seafile.log to help us debug!
Can I make single way sync of just downloading (do not upload local changes)?
Yes. You can share a library as read-only to an account. Using this account to download the library.
When you accidently make local change to file A.txt, then
- Further updates of A.txt in the server will add a conflict file
A(email@example.com 2013-02-04-14-17-04).txtin the local folder.
- If A.txt is deleted on server, local A.txt will be kept.
How to use CloudSync client behind a socks proxy
Can CloudSync be used by multiple accounts on a machine?
Each account must use a different port. Change
[Client] PORT = 13419